Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Eight Below

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0397313/

Just watched this DVD last night with the wife. It's a very sad movie about some antarctic explorers who are force to leave their sled dogs behind when they evacuate to avoid some bad weather. I couldn't help but notice at one point in the movie, fairly early on, that they are talking on a radio that looks a lot like the FT-817.

Clip on Youtube Here is the specific spot of the movie with it. I can hope this link doesn't go down all I want but It'll probably disappear eventually, given the nature of it. If I find out it does, maybe I'll throw up a 30s excerpt, should be fine for fair-use clause. They have some pretty sweet, but old looking, base gear also.

Sad movie though, I don't think I'll watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment