Tuesday, July 13, 2010

no money, no problems?

This hobby can really suck when you're unemployed and have no money for radios, other equipment, accessories. I've let so many opportunities fly by me because I don't have the wherewithal to take advantage of them. I'll probably forget by the time I do also.

Unrelated whining aside. My wife has given me a good idea to try to attract more blood to the hobby by trying to start a club at the local high school. I think this is a great idea and maybe something clubs should start looking into for their area. Of course, chances are it'd bomb out completely.

I've begun trying to convince a friend of mine to get licensed. Actually a little bit more likely cajole. I remember a story from my old study material, "Now You're Talking!".. About a whole family who was licensed including their 5 year old. Surely if a 5 year old can do it, so can he! Also, the tests are easier than I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment